Contactless payment functionality is the latest in payment technology and is now an added benefit of your Amazon.co.uk MasterCard.
- Using the same safe and secure technology as chip & PIN, contactless is a faster, more convenient way to pay for purchases of £20 and under using your Amazon.co.uk MasterCard. Wherever you see the contactless symbol below, just hold your credit card up to the reader and wait for the green light. Simple as that.
- Contactless payments mean you don't need to insert your card or enter your PIN, so the transaction is much quicker. It's another convenient alternative to cash, too. No rummaging for notes and coins - or waiting for change.
- If you've received a card from us recently it will be contactless enabled, but you can tell if you have a contactless credit card by checking if it has the contactless indicator on the front of it.
- If your purchase is over £20, continue to use chip & PIN for your transaction.
How It Works
Look out for the contactless symbol when you're out shopping and making a purchase of £20 or under.
Tell the retailer you would like to pay with your contactless card and simply hold it against the card reader to make your payment
The card reader will confirm that your transaction has processed successfully and you'll see a green light or hear a beep. Your transaction is complete. If you need a receipt just ask the retailer.
- More and more places are starting to accept contactless cards in both the UK and at most contactless retailers around the world.* From coffee shops to buses the list is growing, making it easier to pay for the essentials in life.
- Use the interactive map to find out where you can use your new contactless MasterCard near you
- Just remember to look out for the contactless symbol when you're out shopping
*Amazon.co.uk MasterCard featuring contactless technology is designed for use in most countries around the world. However there are a small number of contactless terminals in the United States which use a security mechanism not supported by MBNA. If you attempt a contactless payment at one of these terminals it will be declined, however you will still be able to perform a standard swipe transaction at these retailers.
- Contactless payments are secured by the same technology behind chip & PIN and are only for purchase of £20 and under.
- Contactless cards only work when they are close to the reader (within 4cm) so there's no chance of you accidently paying for someone else's shopping.
- For extra security, occasionally you may be asked to make a chip & PIN transaction instead and enter your PIN. This is nothing to worry about and is for extra security to make sure the card is still in your safe possession.
- Just like chip & PIN transaction you will still be covered for any fraud on your account from Contactless transactions as long as you tell us as soon as possible if your card is missing or there are any transactions on your account that you don't recognise.