Select any of the following options to view specific information or Show All to view all the information:
How do I activate my card?
For security reasons, when you receive a new or replacement credit card through the post you will need to "activate" your card with us before you can use it. You can activate your credit card in one of two ways:
- Online - Visit www.bankofamerica.co.uk/activate for our step by step guide to activating your new card online.
- Telephone - call us on the number located on the sticker on the front of your card and follow the instructions. This telephone number is Freephone.
Why do I need to activate my card?
Activating your credit card helps us provide a better service to your account and protect you from credit card fraud. It is important that you activate your card with us as soon as you receive it through the post.
How long does it take to activate my card?
Whether you choose to activate online or by telephone, activating your credit card is quick, easy and secure. It should take no more than one minute.
Is activating my card online secure?
Yes, your security is our priority. We use the latest security encryption technology within our Online Card Services system.
Do I need to log in to Online Card Services to activate my card?
No, you can call us on the free telephone number located on the sticker on the front of your card and follow the instructions. However, we would encourage you to register for Online Card Services to activate your credit card. This is quick and easy to do and only takes a few minutes. As an Online Card Services customer you can also receive a whole host of benefits, including:
- View transactions and statements
- Make payments
- Request a credit limit increase
- Change your PIN online
- Sign up to paperless statements.
How can I link my credit card account to my existing Online Card Services account?
If you have a new credit card and already have an Online Card Services account, you may need to register your new card to your existing account.
To do this:
- Log in to Online Card Services
- Click on the 'Register Additional Account' link on the 'My Accounts' screen
You will need to complete the following fields:
- Your credit card number
- The security code found on your card (in some cases you may be asked for a password in place of this)
- Date of birth
The following fields should be completed with information provided by the main cardholder:
- Balance on last statement
- Credit limit
- Date of last statement
- Last six digits of your home telephone number
Please note - If you do not see a 'Register Additional Account’ link, you will need to set up a separate Online Card Services account for your new card.