Fraud can happen to you at any time and through a number of different sources. It is important that you quickly recognise it and know what to do to help mitigate the risk of you being impacted.
- If your card is lost or stolen or you don’t recognise a transaction on your statement call us free on 0800 456 1234. If you’re travelling overseas use our reverse charge number +44 1244 675 989.
- If you suspect a fraudulent email or phishing please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we believe your card may have been lost, stolen or compromised we will try and contact you to verify that you still have your card and have made any recent transactions. These calls may be made using the latest technology with computer-generated speech. If you recognise the transaction follow the instructions to confirm it and then continue using your card as usual. If you don’t recognise the transaction you’ll be transferred to a fraud representative who will assist you. If we are unable to reach you, we will apply a safeguard to your account and write to you asking that you contact us as soon as possible. The safeguard will prompt retailers to call us for authorisation the next time the card is used.
- It is important to keep your personal details up to date. If your personal details change, please let us know so that we can update our records and contact you as soon as possible if we suspect fraudulent activity.
- Legitimate emails from Bank of America UK will always address you using your title and surname and will contain the last four digits of your card number. This will help you verify that the email originated from a trusted source. We will always require you to log in to our secure Online Card Services service to share personal information, if required. We will never ask for personal information to be sent to us via email.
- If we contact you by phone we will always ask you to confirm your identity with only part of your personal information. For example, we would not ask for your complete date of birth, just the month or year instead. If you prefer we will also provide our free number for you to call us back.
- We may also contact you by text message to confirm a transaction on your account or a change of address. Any text messages from us will quote the last four digits of your card number and request that you call us free on 0800 456 1234.